Thursday, October 13, 2011

Apple Pie à la Crisp? Anyone?

What can I say? I love fall.  I also really enjoy going apple picking with friends.  My intentions are always to only pick one kind, Cortland apples, because those are the best for apple pies.  But somehow, I end up with 3 or 4 kinds every year and then I have to do something about the overload of apples in my kitchen.  So, I bake....and I bake.  I'll eat the empires every day but the rest of the apples (Lobo, Macintosh and of course the Cortlands) have got to get into the apple crisp or pies.  I decided to be lazy this year, well I'd rather call it a stroke of genius myself, and use my apple crisp recipe and just throw it into a pie crust (easiest and fool proof pie crust ever).  It's basically and apple crumble pie, and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment